- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information:
- Directly from you
- Through our Services
- From physicians and other healthcare providers with your consent
- From clinical trial investigators and research organizations with your consent
- From patient groups and associations
- From third party service providers, data brokers, or business partners
- From social media or other public forums
We may aggregate any personal information that we collect in connection with the use of our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, and which emails you may have opened); and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
We may associate this information with the device you use to connect to our Services.
At this time, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Myovant and the requirements of applicable laws. The types of personal information we collect include:
- Contact and demographic information, such as your name, date of birth, age, gender, phone number, email and postal address
- Health and medical information, such as health insurance, information about health conditions and diagnoses, information about medications and treatments, genetic information, and family medical information
- Information we obtain from your use of our Services, such as device information (e.g., IP address, browser information), and login information
- Other information you provide to us, such as information provided in optional surveys, phone conversations, and email correspondence
- Information about an employment applicant’s work experience, education, salary, languages spoken, countries in which the applicant is authorized to work, and other information the applicant provide to us when applying for a job (including other self-identifying information, such as veteran and disability status, gender, and race/ethnicity, which we are required to request to comply with U.S. laws and regulations). Please note that the provision of self-identifying information is voluntary.
How we use your personal information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Communicating about the Services we offer, such as our clinical trials, and responding to requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions
- Legal basis: legitimate interests (to allow us to communicate and provide services to you)
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business and Services
- Legal basis: legitimate interests (to allow us to provide you with the content and services on our website as well as other Services)
- Developing and executing sales and corporate marketing programs, including the administration of surveys and other market research to promote our company
- Legal bases: legitimate interests (to allow us to operate and improve our business), consent (in relation to certain electronic marketing where required by law) (which can be withdrawn at any time)
- Managing, staffing, and facilitating clinical trials
- Legal bases: contractual obligations, legitimate interests (to allow us to perform our obligations and provide services to you)
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements (including monitoring and reporting obligations, and responding to safety and product quality concerns), judicial process, and our company policies
- Legal bases: legal obligations, legitimate interests (to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities), legal claims. With respect to special categories of personal information, we will usually rely on legal claims, substantial public interests (processing for the prevention and detection of fraud/crime) or very rarely where necessary, explicit consent
- Protecting against, identifying, investigating, and responding to fraud, illegal activity and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the services we provide
- Legal bases: legal obligations, legitimate interests (to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities)
- Process employment applications, as further described in the “Employment applications” section below
- Legal bases: legal obligations, legitimate interests (to recruit qualified candidates)
If you apply for employment with Myovant, we will use the information you provide to process your application, to monitor recruitment statistics, and to comply with government reporting requirements. We retain de-identified statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities. Myovant is headquartered in the United States and employee and recruitment data is held there. If an applicant becomes a Myovant employee, Myovant will maintain a record relating to that person’s employment (including information collected via the employment application) and provide additional information about our data practices in connection with employee data to the extent required by law.
How we share personal information
We share personal information with:
- Myovant affiliates and subsidiaries
- Service providers such as those who provide us with technology services
- Health care professionals, researchers, academics, and public health organizations
- Partners with whom we jointly develop clinical trials
- Law enforcement and other third parties where necessary to protect against fraud, illegal activity, and claims and other liabilities
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets.
Data privacy laws may provide you with a number of rights over your personal information.
You may be entitled to:
- Ask Myovant for access to the personal information Myovant holds about you
- Request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where Myovant is processing your personal information based on your consent)
- Request the receipt or the transfer to another organization, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to Myovant
- Complain to the data protection authority if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that you may not be able to use the Services.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International data transfers
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information. Where required by certain jurisdictions, we will transfer your information subject to jurisdiction-approved safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses.
We use technical, administrative and procedural measures in an attempt to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access or use. No such measure is ever 100% effective though, so we do not guarantee that your personal information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such data.
Children under 13
Our site is not directed toward children under 13 and we will not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our website, please contact us at email@example.com.
We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. When we no longer need the personal information we collect, we either anonymize the information or securely destroy the data.
How to contact us
You are leaving www.myovant.com, a website provided by Myovant Sciences GmbH.
This link will take you to a different site.